Mansfeld press photo playing a guitar
Photo by Aurora Ziani

Mansfeld releases a lovely electro-pop tune, entitled, “I Wish I Was A DJ”

Mansfeld is a talented singer-songwriter based in Hamburg, Germany. Not too long ago, he released a lovely electro-pop tune, entitled, “I Wish I Was A DJ.”

Mansfeld – “I Wish I Was A DJ” single

“My father told me to play guitar, that’s how he met mum down at the bar. So I’ve done for many years singing late for beers but it got me nowhere near to where all the party is. I’m not on the list, and it makes me think – I wish I was a DJ. Maybe then, I would get paid to play, the music making hands wave. Oh, I wish I was a DJ. The only thing I do is press play and a thousand girls would love me.” – lyrics

‘I Wish I Was A DJ’ tells a dreamy tale about a struggling musician. Apparently, he wants more out of life and is deeply thinking about ending his music career as an indie artist. With a heavy heart, he admits, “I’m done with tears for fears and singing late for beers.”

‘I Wish I Was A DJ’ contains a heartfelt narrative and ear-pleasing vocals that will resonate well with fans of Fabian Wegerer, Gregor Hägele, and Jan-Marten Block. The likable tune possesses guitar-driven instrumentation bursting with electro-pop and contemporary dance elements. Furthermore, “I Wish I Was A DJ” follows mildly on the heels of Mansfeld’s previously released single, entitled, “Cook For You.”


Mansfeld press photo playing a guitar
Photo by Aurora Ziani

“The craft of making music has been an ever-evolving matter. As an upcoming guitarist and songwriter nowadays, you run the risk of being a bit to ‘old school’ very easily. ‘I Wish I Was A DJ’ is a song dedicated to everyone out there shredding and mastering their craft while struggling and stumbling through life as a musician.” – Dennis Mansfeld explained

At the age of 13, Mansfeld held his dad’s guitar in his hands for the first time. A Squier Stratocaster with a small 25 watt Marshall amp certainly wasn’t in Eddie Van Halen’s daydreams, but for him, it was the ultimate and the start of a new life. Many nights at open mic sessions, cover gigs in Irish pubs or hotel lobbies followed. And that was 95% of what made him happy at the moment. “I Wish I Was A DJ” is about the other 5%. About the doubts, the path, and the future, which flare up like airplanes in the night sky and then go away again.

Mansfeld grew up in Mallorca. After finishing school there, he first lived in London and New York then returned to Spain and moved back to Hamburg at the end of 2020. His itinerary so far has always followed his passion, which is music. In London, he earned his money playing on the street and performing in Camden and Shorditch. In New York, he continued to develop as a session singer and songwriter. So far, Mansfeld has written singles for numerous acts such as Gestört aber Geil, Cascada, R.I.O., and Taemin. Also, his songs are responsible for tens of millions of streams on Spotify.

“I Wish I Was A DJ” single

Mansfeld - “I Wish I Was A DJ” song cover art

We recommend adding Mansfeld’s “I Wish I Was A DJ” single to your favorite electro-pop playlist. Also, let us know how you feel about it in the comment section below. Mel Blanc’s famous catchphrase, “That’s All Folks!” Thanks for reading another great article on Bong Mines Entertainment – the hot spot for new music. Furthermore, always remember that (P) Positive, (E) Energy, (A) Always, (C) Creates, (E) Elevation (P.E.A.C.E).

Contact us on social media via Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, or Facebook, and let us know what’s going on. Also, tune in to our new music podcast, entitled, “Da Hot Spot,” which highlights tomorrow’s most promising stars and today’s mega superstars. Furthermore, if you appreciate what we do, then show some love via Cash App or PayPal, subscribe to our weekly newsletter, purchase our merchandise, or become a Patron of Bong Mines Entertainment. “Disclaimer: This post contains Apple TV and Apple Music affiliate links. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bong Mines Entertainment